- IaC (Infrastructure as Code) is one of the most important developments in application deployment in many years. It means that instead of manually configuring your hardware and software infrastructure, you describe all this configuration as code.
- While every cloud gives you their implementation of it, and while Amazon heavily promotes their version called CloudFormation, Terraform is a maverick who appeared on the scene a few years ago and became more popular than all other IaC implementations.
- Terraform is open source and can be used on any other cloud provider, such as Amazon Web Services, IBM Cloud, Google Cloud Platform, DigitalOcean, Linode, Microsoft Azure, Oracle Cloud Infrastructure, VMware vSphere, OpenStack, and many others. Terraform is declarative and idempotent. These are good design principles, and many competitors have also implemented Terraform ideas, making Terraform a de facto standard.
This series is organized as weekly sessions. Each session is independent. So you can pick and choose which sessions you want to attend. This is part of our Learning Series.
This is a live, instructor-led, virtual class.
Can’t attend a live class?
No worries. Sign up and we will email you recordings once they are ready.
Session recordings are available (click on each session link below)
We also made a convenient play-list of session videos for you at the bottom
Developers, DevOps, Architects
- Some background with Unix or Linux including the command line
- Some knowledge of a programming language such as Java, C#, Python, Node.js, etc.
- Must have: Development experience
- Nice to have: Python knowledge
What to Bring
- A reasonably modern laptop
- Unrestricted connection to the Internet. Laptops with overly restrictive VPNs or firewalls may not work properly
- Chrome browser
- SSH client for your platform
- Need to have a Machine Learning Environment setup on your laptop. Please follow this guide
- Each session is about 2 hours
- These will be intensely hands-on
Sessions & Recordings
Session 3: How to manage Terraform state(2020-06-09)
More Sessions to come
check back soon
Mark is an experienced, hands-on software architect, practicing and teaching AI, Machine Learning, Blockchain, Spark, Hadoop, NoSQL, and more. He worked in a variety of verticals (Hightech, Healthcare, O&G, Legal, Fintech). His classes are hands-on and draw heavily on his industry experience. Mark is certified in Google Cloud (GCP), Amazon (AWS), and Hadoop.
Mark is an author and maintainer for a popular open source project for lawyers and researchers, FreeEed, which deals with search and massive scalability.