Soft skills & software design
© Elephant Scale
May 30, 2022
Whether you’re working in a large corporation, a small company, or even as a freelancer, the key to success is great communication.
Our workshop in communication skills allows you to build and refine your skills at communication and helps you to improve and perfect your interpersonal and presentation skills.
Our exercises use software building and team building as training ground and examples.
- 1-2 days
- Lectures and hands-on labs. (50%, 50%)
- Comfortable with a programming language
- A reasonably modern laptop
- Unrestricted connection to the Internet. Laptops with overly restrictive VPNs or firewalls may not work properly
- A browser (Chrome recommended)
Introduction to soft skills
- How to correct or change your mindset
- Effective communication techniques
- Etiquette required in the corporate environment
Software design process
- Describe users in terms of roles and personas.
- Write qualitative requirements with user stories.
- Write quantitative requirements using key performance indicators (KPIs).
- Use SMART criteria to evaluate your service requirements.
- Determine appropriate SLOs and SLIs for your services.
- Multiple design activities
Introduction to design with microservices
- Decompose monolithic applications into microservices.
- Recognize appropriate microservice boundaries.
- Implement services using 12-factor best practices.