Google Cloud for Data Scientists
Data Science is all the rage today, and Google is one of the major promoters of it. Google Cloud Platform (GCP) is one of the leading platforms for Data Science.
In this course, the students will learn to do Data Science with Python, and the capabilities of Google Cloud specific to Data Science.
What you will learn
- Understand Google Cloud’s features for Data Science
- Process of doing Data Science
- Using Google Compute Engine
- Using Google Cloud Storage
- Visualizing data using Google Data Studio
- Running SQL queries using Big Query
- Data analytics with Python
- Running Python code on Google Cloud
- Large scale data analytics with Apache Spark
- Running Spark using Google DataProc
Data Analysts, Data Scientists
Three to four days depending on the agenda
Lectures and hands*on labs. (50%, 50%)
- Interested in Data Science (data science overview is included as needed)
- Some basic knowledge of Python is highly recommended but not mandatory.
Our labs utilize Python language. But Python is a very easy language to learn. So even you don’t have previous exposure to Python, you will be able to complete the labs.
- Some programming experience is highly recommended
Zero Install: There is no need to install any software on students’ machines!
Students will need the following
- A reasonably modern laptop
- Unrestricted connection to the Internet. Laptops with overly restrictive VPNs or firewalls may not work properly
- A Google Cloud account is highly recommended.
All our course dates are available to take live online from your home or office FYI. We do list them as live online versus remote classroom for the Live Online dates.
- Expert instructors: the instructors who teach our online classes are the same instructors we send out to teach private groups. The are no less than outstanding.
- Interactive Learning: our classes are very hands on. The teaching process is generally as follows:
- Instructor explains new concept
- Instructor shows demo and answers questions
- Students do exercise with instructor available for help
- Instructor reviews solution and answer questions
- During exercises, the instructor is able to (with your permission) see your computer, so he or she can provide one-on-one assistance to help you debug a problem or work through a solution.
- Convenient: no travel.
About the Instructor
Sujee Maniyam is a seasoned practitioner and founder of Elephant Scale. He teaches and consults in AI (machine learning and deep learning) and Big Data technologies (Hadoop, Spark, NoSQL and Cloud). He is an open source contributor and author of ‘Hadoop illuminated’ (an open-source book on Hadoop) and ‘HBase Design Patterns’. Sujee is a frequent speaker at various conferences and meetups. He also advises and mentors various firms.